We love it when two people commit to spending the rest of their lives together, and we count it a privilege to come alongside you and help you on your way to a God-honoring and healthy marriage. Once you’re engaged, one of the first things you’ll likely do together is plan a wedding. If you’re interested in having a pastor from Highpoint perform your wedding, this is a great starting point.
We invite all couples to attend our Making Marriage Make Sense (MMMS) class to start married life right, but especially if we’re going to be part of your big day.
Here are a few things you should know if you’d like one of our pastors to perform your wedding ceremony (and they all do a great wedding):
- When possible, we request a minimum of four months’ notice.
- You must both attend our Making Marriage Make Sense class as your pre-marital counseling.
- Our pastors are not wedding planners or coordinators… trust us.
- Your marriage ceremony must be God-honoring, including choice of music and dress.
- Our pastors reserve the option to decline attendance to the wedding rehearsal and/or rehearsal dinner.
- At any point leading up to your wedding, Highpoint pastors reserve the right to not officiate your ceremony if they determine you are not ready for marriage at that time.
- In the unlikely event that your pastor cannot perform your wedding ceremony due to sickness, family emergency, etc, we will work with you to secure another pastor
- Couples who go through MMMS are eligible for a discount of around $60 off the cost of a Tennessee marriage license. We’re happy to provide the necessary documentation whenever you need it. While this discount is an added perk, please know that our sole purpose in providing MMMS is to help couples start their marriage in a God-honoring and healthy way. If for any reason the class is not completed, we’re not obligated to approve the discount.
- The cost of the MMMS class is $70/couple.
- Although not mandatory, we would always urge you to offer your pastor an honorarium in respect of the time he’s giving to your wedding. We will gladly recommend an amount, which you can give to your pastor at your ceremony.
- If your wedding takes place out of town, you are responsible for the pastor’s travel expenses, lodging (if needed), and a $30 per diem for meals. The pastor reserves the right to make his own travel arrangements.
If you’d like to invite one of our pastors to perform your wedding ceremony, click the button below and we’ll be in touch. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
May your planning be merry and your life together be blessed!